In today’s digital landscape, having a strong online presence is essential. From purchasing a domain name to deploying your website, understanding the end-to-end process is crucial. In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through the entire journey of building and deploying a website, starting with domain name configuration and culminating in website deployment.
Table of Contents
- Domain Name Registration and DNS Configuration
- Creating the Website
- Styling and Structuring with HTML and CSS
- Website Hosting and Deployment
2. Domain Name Registration and DNS Configuration
A domain name is your website’s address on the internet. To get started, follow these steps:
- Choose a Domain Name: Select a unique and memorable domain name that represents your website. e.g. something like abc.com, provided that the domain name is available on the ICANN registry : ICANN database (https://lookup.icann.org/en)
- Register the Domain: Use a domain registrar like GoDaddy, Namecheap, or Google Domains to register your chosen domain name. It is a simple process which needs a sign up at the registrar website and a payment to reserve your domain name.
- Configure DNS Settings: In your domain registrar’s settings, configure DNS records like A records (pointing to your website’s IP address) and CNAME records (for subdomains). To be specific, you can derive the website IP address from your server/hosting provider you’re using and use that to configure the DNS entries in the registrar site. To save all these hassle, you may use a hosting provider who can handle both ends automatically.
3. Building the Website
With the domain name set up, it’s time to create your website’s content:
- HTML Skeleton: In your HTML file, start with the basic structure outlined in the previous blog post.
4. Styling and Structuring with HTML and CSS
Now, let’s enhance the appearance of your website:
- CSS Styling: Use CSS to style your website’s elements. You can follow the example provided in the previous blog post.
- Layout and Structure: Organize your content into sections using HTML5 semantic elements like
- Script Tag: Add a
6. Website Hosting and Deployment
With your website ready, it’s time to share it with the world:
- Choose a Hosting Provider: Opt for a hosting provider like Netlify, GitHub Pages, or AWS that suits your needs.
- Configure Domain: Connect your domain name to your hosting provider by updating DNS records.
- HTTPS: Enable HTTPS for secure browsing using SSL certificates provided by the hosting platform.
Remember, this is just the beginning of your web development journey. You can further enhance your skills by exploring advanced front-end and back-end technologies, content management systems, and e-commerce integration. Keep learning, experimenting, and refining your website-building skills. Happy coding!